HEART OF THE ALPS
Grenoble is in the eastern part of the Auvergne Rhone-Alps region, in southeastern France, in the Isère department. As such, it sits at the crossroads of northern and southern Europe.
- 161 000 inhabitants within the city limits
- 440 000 inhabitants in the greater Grenoble area (49 communes)
The city is surrounded by 3 mountain chains, creating an exceptional setting: the Chartreuse, Vercors, and Belledonne mountains.
A few distances
- Grenoble – Paris : 574 km
- Grenoble – Nice : 343 km
- Grenoble – Strasbourg : 535 km
- Grenoble – Geneva : 147 km
- Grenoble – Barcelona : 631 km
- Grenoble – Berlin : 1.257 km
- Grenoble – Milan : 438 km
Getting by plane, train and bus
Here you will find practical information about transportation.